Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Anyone know where they sell those paper flowers/balls that were hanging above the food table? They are so pretty!
    She made them!! I've made the tissue poms before (prom and birthdays), the first one or two take awhile but once you get going it's pretty easy. I've never done the tulle balls though.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post
    She should do this for celebrities, nevermind just the cookies etc. Both cookies and party planning - Tori Spelling would eat this up!
    LOL I clicked on the link for pricing (holy moley, no wonder she can afford all this stuff!) and she had a link to Tori and Dean's twitter. So maybe T is already a fan! HAHA!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I personally would never spend that kind of money on a kid's party but to each his own. I think she did a beautiful job and is very creative. I can't see it as any more indulgent then spending all that money on the BBB in Disney World and plenty of people book that for their little girls.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wish she'd post more about the non-candy/cake food, because I'd love to steal ideas from her menu. And I really like the idea of having a special photo taking area with a background fabric. That wouldn't cost much!

The only negative I have is that I wonder what she does with all the 'stuff' when she's done? Does she have a store front that it goes to? What is she going to do tomorrow or next year with those brown table cloths, and all those candy jars. I'm hoping she uses them for work and that they don't end up in the land fill.

I love seeing parties like this and getting ideas, though mine are way, way, WAY more scaled back. Like Party City tinkerbell plastic-y themes kind of scaled back .
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Anyone know where they sell those paper flowers/balls that were hanging above the food table? They are so pretty!
    I think you could get a similar look with paper lanterns.

http://www.lunabazaar.com/paper-lanterns.aspx

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by lcarlson90 View Post
    That is the cutest party theme I have ever seen. I love owls..if I had girls I would totally copy that party.

I think some people have extravagant parties like this because they enjoy being creative and planning beautiful parties, it's not necessarily because they are trying to impress people. I have always thrown cute, themed parties for my boys because I love doing it.
    I agree. I wish I was even a tiny bit that creative!

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it's an awesome testament to how creative some people are! But I TOTALLY get the keeping up with the Jones' feeling and Randomkid's point that it would be hard to explain to your own kid why they could not have a party as extravagant.

Here is my thought that I have not seen posted in any of the PPs. Does it bother anyone else that EVERYTHING is labeled with "Ally is 5!"?
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I LOVE it. I love the owl theme and those costumes and the pink owl cookies. And I love the logs. Love that she took pics of her guests - that's sweet.

Honestly though I wouldn't feel all that comfortable at a party like that - it would be hard not to feel intimidated and a bit chunky and un-pretty. But that's just jealousy. No chance of parties like that happening here though!

For the paper balls, there's a Martha Stewart kit that you can buy at Michael's to make something similar - then you can see easily how they're made. She might even have a tutorial on her great website. I have some that I made for DD's birthday and they have been hanging in her room ever since. I've used them more than once!

ETA - http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/...om-poms-how-to

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ha98ed14 View Post
    Here is my thought that I have not seen posted in any of the PPs. Does it bother anyone else that EVERYTHING is labeled with "Ally is 5!"?
    Especially when the intended audience probably can't even read that! LOL

Sorry, but the party struck me more as a photo op for Mom's abilities rather than a sweet celebration of her little girl. Give me an uneven cake with discolored frosting that a "regular" Mom makes and I will show you a crazy-happy kid turning 5. Hoopla not necessary.

Beautiful party! Whats the link to the fairy party everyone is talking about>

I want to know where i can buy those wood 3 tier stands that she has displaying the thank you gifts for the owl party!
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast