Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    How is everyone doing? This week has been going pretty well. I have been able to "just say no" to a few office treats, but haven't gotten to the gym as much as I like. But today is beautiful weather and I am going to take a walk during my lunch hour.
    My week is going pretty well, too. I was down 1.6 pounds at my last weigh in on Monday, but I'm weighing in again tomorrow to switch my weigh in day. I've barely been hungry at all - really weird for me.

DH is going on a ski trip Fri-Tues, so I'm worried that I won't be cooking and may succumb to take out/delivery. Eep!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm doing pretty well. Still haven't been to the gym since Friday, but I'm also going to walk outside today after work--it's just too nice not to do something outside!!

I survived all the V-Day parties at school--all the chocolate, the cookies, the brownies, mmmmmm..... I actually managed not to have any of it.

I'm finding that between 5-6pm and 8:30-10pm are my hardest times. I just want to snack on junky food or overindulge. I don't know what's going to work the best to aid that, because by then I've had so many veggies and fruits all I want to eat is carbs!!
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

Someone make me feel better...

I'm down 9lbs since the beginning of the year; this was my first week I've gained. I've been lax on tracking my points and went to town on sweets this week. What's worse is that I just ate my weight in cheese balls after realizing that I have to return to work in 2 weeks after being on maternity leave for the last 6mos; and I have no daycare plan in place for my 2 DC now. I just want to eat away my anxiety. I have a feeling I'll be gaining these next few weeks.

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hang in there! Look at the overall picture--you're down 9 lbs! Just remind yourself that tomorrow is a new day to start again. We're all going to have days/weeks that things don't go smoothly or the way we want, but don't give up!!!
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

Hi Girls,

I just weighed myself (at home, naked - can't make the meeting today, but I am fairly certain that my scale and their scale are simpatico) and I lost 1.2 lbs this week. Better than last week, but I am a little disappointed because I didn't use a single one of my 49 points and I got a lot of exercise. I guess that it's not reasonable to expect that I'll lose 2 lbs a week like I did a few years ago.

I am toying with the idea of going back to the old WW plan for a week to see it my loss goes up at all. I was really hoping to be down more significantly before March 2, which is when I am going away (alone!) to visit my best friend.

Thoughts on going back to the old plan?
    Green Tea, mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
    Someone make me feel better...

I'm down 9lbs since the beginning of the year; this was my first week I've gained. I've been lax on tracking my points and went to town on sweets this week. What's worse is that I just ate my weight in cheese balls after realizing that I have to return to work in 2 weeks after being on maternity leave for the last 6mos; and I have no daycare plan in place for my 2 DC now. I just want to eat away my anxiety. I have a feeling I'll be gaining these next few weeks.
    Don't give up! I'm a stress eater, so I'll be the first one to tell you to take a deep breath and step away from the cheese balls! Make a list of what you need to do, prioritize it, and keep your expectations reasonable. Try to make an extra effort to cut up some veggies and keep fruit around so when you want to snack, you've got a healthy option. You can do this!
    Rachel
    04/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Hi Girls,

I just weighed myself (at home, naked - can't make the meeting today, but I am fairly certain that my scale and their scale are simpatico) and I lost 1.2 lbs this week. Better than last week, but I am a little disappointed because I didn't use a single one of my 49 points and I got a lot of exercise. I guess that it's not reasonable to expect that I'll lose 2 lbs a week like I did a few years ago.

I am toying with the idea of going back to the old WW plan for a week to see it my loss goes up at all. I was really hoping to be down more significantly before March 2, which is when I am going away (alone!) to visit my best friend.

Thoughts on going back to the old plan?
    I'm *really* curious to see what your results are if you go back to the old plan. I'm still a little torn about the new plan... I like faster weight loss, but I also want to be healthier (and eating handfuls of Froot Loops instead of banana is probably not the way to go! ) Keep us updated if you decide to do it! I don't think it would set you back at all, so it's worth a shot.
    Rachel
    04/2010

How is everyone doing? This week has been going pretty well. I have been able to "just say no" to a few office treats, but haven't gotten to the gym as much as I like. But today is beautiful weather and I am going to take a walk during my lunch hour.
    Sunday is my official weigh-in day, and I was down 9 pounds for the four weeks I've been on WW. Assuming I don't mess it up in the next two days, I'll be down another 2 this week according to the scale this morning! Which is shocking to me, because this week I've eaten all my points every day, plus dipped 2-3 points into my extra weekly ones three days already this week. I'm trying really hard to manage my points better and use more in the mornings as suggested earlier in this thread, but I was worried that eating all my points would slow things down.

My current snack obsession? Red bell peppers. The produce section in my store had a 6-pack for less than it would cost to buy two, so I've been cutting them up and eating them raw with my lunches. So crunchy and yummy!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    I'm trying really hard to manage my points better and use more in the mornings as suggested earlier in this thread, but I was worried that eating all my points would slow things down.
    I know a lot of people who think this, but I am a firm believer in at least eating your daily points. I've talked to a nutritionist about this and my doctor and both have told me to eat your allotted points. They said that if you don't, you will likely plateau because you are going into starvation mode so your metabolism slows down or you will get so hungry that you will binge and gain. They both say that Weight Watchers is very thoroughly researched and if you follow your points and your good health guidelines, you will lose weight. They also reminded me that 2lbs per week is the top of the range, so 1lb a week is also a healthy sustainable loss. Also, that is the average per week. Some weeks you might drop 3lbs and some weeks .5lbs, but it should average between 1 and 2 lbs over the long run. I always try to remember this when I am feeling frustrated. This isn't a lose 10lbs in a week and gain it all back the next week diet, this is a sustainable lifestyle change.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I know a lot of people who think this, but I am a firm believer in at least eating your daily points. I've talked to a nutritionist about this and my doctor and both have told me to eat your allotted points. They said that if you don't, you will likely plateau because you are going into starvation mode so your metabolism slows down or you will get so hungry that you will binge and gain. They both say that Weight Watchers is very thoroughly researched and if you follow your points and your good health guidelines, you will lose weight. They also reminded me that 2lbs per week is the top of the range, so 1lb a week is also a healthy sustainable loss. Also, that is the average per week. Some weeks you might drop 3lbs and some weeks .5lbs, but it should average between 1 and 2 lbs over the long run. I always try to remember this when I am feeling frustrated. This isn't a lose 10lbs in a week and gain it all back the next week diet, this is a sustainable lifestyle change.
    Do they mean eat all 49 extra points too, or just the 29 points? I have never dropped more than 2lbs in a week. This go round though my top weight loss is only 1.8lbs. Some people like myself are those who usually only lose ._lbs per week. I honestly think the only way I can lose more weight is to hire a trainer that kicks my butt 3 to 5 days a week, or where I can do 1+ workouts (cardio based) plus weights everyday.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast