Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberley View Post
    The old Swaddlers and Cruisers had the mesh liner. I know that the Dry Max Cruisers no longer have the mesh, but I'm not sure about the Swaddlers.
    I hope the fact that the dipes I bought all have mesh means I lucked out and got the old swaddlers. I wish we liked huggies, but they leaked terribly for us. Maybe it was just the size.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The old Swaddlers and Cruisers had the mesh liner. I know that the Dry Max Cruisers no longer have the mesh, but I'm not sure about the Swaddlers.
    Funny thing to me is that we used to use Pampers with DS2 after getting them in the hospital. They changed them to include that mesh liner and my DS got the WORST diaper rash almost immediately. I switched to huggies. we tried one more time with the pampers when we were over at a neighbors house and needed a diaper change... rather than go home we used one of her pampers. Within maybe 30 minutes DS was so sore and red on his bottom. We never went back to Pampers and I never would buy them again... even if we have another child.

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Swaddlers with Drymax still has mesh. No wetness indicator stripe though.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    Swaddlers with Drymax still has mesh. No wetness indicator stripe though.
    I believe only the Swaddlers Sensitive dipes have the wetness indicator. Not sure if those are being sold anymore, but that's what I used for DS last year after he was born.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Glad I stocked up on the ones with mesh late last year. I still have 2 huge boxes of size 4s I'm not sure I'll finish using. Will prob. save it for the next baby. The purple packaging on the ones with the mesh says "go baby grips" with no mentioning of drymax. I've seen a couple old packages with the mesh here and there, but it's mostly the drymax ones being sold now.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

A friend just directed me to this statement from Pampers, posted on their Facebook page:

Hi everyone – my name is Jodi Allen. I lead the Pampers business in North America. I know many of you have questions regarding our new Pampers with Dry Max and I want to take this opportunity to answer them.

First, if anyone is experiencing problems that you feel are not being well addressed, we have set up a special 800 number (1-877-256-3265) to field these inquiries. I plan to check and review calls into this number daily. I cannot promise that we'll be able to meet all your needs, but we are interested in hearing from you.

I wanted to take a moment to review what we have done so far. Before our March 2010 Dry Max launch, some parents received the new Dry Max diaper in our original packaging without an explanation as to why. This triggered many questions and concerns for good reason. Nothing is more important to me than your satisfaction and the health and well being of babies. I’m a mom myself and can understand your concerns. These were early shippings of the new product that occurred during the transition in our manufacturing process. And I am very sorry for the confusion that this caused.

Since then, there have also been concerns posted here on our page about whether the Dry Max diaper may be causing or contributing to instances of diaper rash. Some parents have reported that their children experienced severe rashes.

The minute we hear about anything like that, we jump. We may not always handle every call correctly, and we've heard you on that. We're not perfect, but believe me, it is my job to be sure that we are paying close attention whenever issues like that are reported. We are working hard to respond in a comprehensive way to each and every call. As you know, Dry Max is one of the most tested diapers in our history – developing Dry Max involved 20,000 babies and 300,000 diaper changes. Still, we didn't rely just on that background testing. When we started getting these calls, we gathered together our entire product safety, research, and consumer relations teams and began researching specific cases. In some instances, we requested that diapers be returned. We tested these products and examined again the materials that go into our diapers. (I just want to emphasize that the Dry Max diaper uses the same type of materials as the older Cruisers and Swaddlers.) We double-checked everything again to be sure there weren't unknown issues. Then we consulted with a team of respected outside pediatricians and dermatologists, who reviewed our safety data.

This comprehensive evaluation did not find any evidence whatsoever that Dry Max is behind the diaper rashes that some moms have reported. Diaper rashes, as you all know, can be a mystery. On average babies get them three to four times a year, and sometimes they are severe. Pampers has the responsibility to regulatory agencies, including the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, to alert consumers to any such problems if they exist. More importantly, we also feel deep responsibility to you as parents ourselves. Believe me, if we found anything wrong, we would tell you. But that simply has not been the case. We even surveyed parents nationwide over the past few weeks, to gauge their opinions, and more than 70 percent said they preferred Dry Max to their current diaper because it is thin, flexible, and one step better for the environment than the product replaced.

I realize this information may contradict what you've experienced personally or seen reported by others. I just want to assure you that we cannot find any evidence that Dry Max is causing of diaper rash, or for that matter causing other safety issues that some parents say have happened to their children. I would only suggest that, in addition to contacting us, you consult your pediatrician, who also is welcome to call our special 800 number (1-877-256-3265) to review whatever they find.

I realize this matter is of great concern to many of you, as it is to us. Personally I am sorry for any confusion we may have caused during the early shipping of this product. I appreciate that so many are loyal to our older Swaddlers and Cruisers products. It was a big decision for us to make the change because we have such a dedicated following. But we really felt that for most moms, Dry Max would be a better product.

On another note, I'd like to add that we do want to hear your comments regarding our products whether it's good or bad, however we have certain Facebook guidelines in place that do not allow advertising or promoting outside links or pages. Some comments have been previously deleted because they breached these guidelines. We hope you understand.

We'd like to continue to hear from you, so please post any questions you have. I'll do my very best to answer as many as I can.

Thanks for listening. I wish you all the very best.

Jodi

Someone pointed out on the FB page cited by OP that when you calculate

20,000 babies and 300,000 diaper changes

that amounts to ~15 diapers per baby. That is roughly diaper changes over 2 days. Many parents report that it took a bit longer for the burns to appear.

I'm not sure how long it took with my children as I never even suspected the diapers as I bought the unmarked dry max in the old cruiser packaging.

I was in NICU this morning & happened to be there to change my newborn niece's dirty diaper. She started crying when I started to wipe (cloth & water). I was livid when I raised her legs & found her bottom to be an angry red - the same red that my children first got which turned into ugly red chemical burns within a matter of hours. I called the NICU nurse over immediately & her eyes about popped out of her head. I called to have someone go out for Huggies newborn dipes as they told me that the hospital only stocks Pampers. It took 4 days for my niece to react to the diapers.
    Last edited by LaCostaMom; 04-29-2010 at 11:09 PM.

I'm not sure how many diapers it took before my DD got the rash, but it was pretty close to the when I first got them. I had gotten a case at Sams, not realizing they were Dry Max and she had a horrible rash for about a month! Nothing I did would get rid of it (Diaper cream, hydrocortizone mixed with Eucerin, Eucerin mixed with petroleum jelly...) We had been to the ped for an ear infection and I mentioned it to them (suggestion of hyd/euc), then when we went for 2 yr check up, ped asked if I used Pampers, then asked if it was dry max. I still didn't really even know about dry max. She said someone was in the day before and they thought it might be the new diapers. I still didn't think I had them b/c I didn't realize it was on the box. Once I saw a post on here about it, I checked the box and it is Dry Max! I switched to Huggies the next day and it started clearing up that evening! Maybe Pampers is worrying about people suing? I'm not going to sue, but I'm going to use Huggies or something else now! (Hopefully I won't have much longer in daytime diapers anyways The rash is mostly gone, but DD still has some spots she's itching...
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This is really just terrible, and makes me sick. Of course Pampers is going to deny it's their product, but if individuals are having problems that seem directly related to the diaper, then I call BS! Good thing the word seems to be getting out b/c then people will know to switch dipes and not have to live with a never-ending terrible diaper rash! I feel so bad for the babies!

BTW, kirklands are really good too, similar to Huggies Supreme and no scent as far as I can tell. I've never had a problem with them.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    This is really just terrible, and makes me sick. Of course Pampers is going to deny it's their product, but if individuals are having problems that seem directly related to the diaper, then I call BS! Good thing the word seems to be getting out b/c then people will know to switch dipes and not have to live with a never-ending terrible diaper rash! I feel so bad for the babies!

BTW, kirklands are really good too, similar to Huggies Supreme and no scent as far as I can tell. I've never had a problem with them.
    Ding-Ding-Ding!!!! You hit the nail on the head, DrSally!

It's been frustrating reading so many comments and pieces where blame is being placed on "hysterical" parents who either don't know how to change their children properly or who are deemed whiners. I am neither but once I realized that the diapers were the culprit & saw that Pampers is not acknowledging that their product may be at fault, I've made it a mission to be sure that parents at least know that Pampers can cause these horrible burns.

I feel horrible that my twins spent 2 weeks in those horrid Pampers because I didn't realize they were in Dry Max. Had they not been so deceptive, I would have known to at least get them out of DM sooner rather than wait to run out (quickly, I might add because I was constantly having to change them as they were leaking & DD always looked like she was carrying a baseball in the bottom of her diapers - two things that have never happened before).

I'm glad that I'm the one who caught my niece's condition in NICU & was able to tell the nurse's on-call about what DM has done.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast