Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We get that too; not surprising here in Texas. DD's just smile and nod, and leave their masks on. I LOVE the idea of the button!

Ugh, yes. I just brought DS to his first gymnastics class and an employee came by and told the kids they didn’t have to wear masks (employees are still wearing them). I had prepped him in the car that I didn’t know how many kids would be wearing them, but we would since I knew the policy had gone to masks optional during class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Ugh, yes. I just brought DS to his first gymnastics class and an employee came by and told the kids they didn’t have to wear masks (employees are still wearing them). I had prepped him in the car that I didn’t know how many kids would be wearing them, but we would since I knew the policy had gone to masks optional during class.

That is crazy! The kids are too young to be vaccinated?? and (masked) staff is telling them to take their masks off?? We live in a high vaccination rate area and my (vaccinated) family still wear masks inside anywhere that is not our house or one family members! I was in an establishment today and the owner told me that last week very few people were wearing masks and this week almost everyone is wearing masks. The Delta variant is scary. People need to mind their own business, especially with children under TWELVE!!!

OP, I am sorry this is happening to you family. It is NOT okay!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post

That is crazy! The kids are too young to be vaccinated?? and (masked) staff is telling them to take their masks off?? We live in a high vaccination rate area and my (vaccinated) family still wear masks inside anywhere that is not our house or one family members! I was in an establishment today and the owner told me that last week very few people were wearing masks and this week almost everyone is wearing masks. The Delta variant is scary. People need to mind their own business, especially with children under TWELVE!!!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post

I'm in LA, and the Country Health Dept is now recommending that all people wear masks when inside no matter if they are vaccinated or not. I have a feeling they will make it a requirement soon. Everyone I've seen has been wearing a mask when they are out even though our mandate for vaccinated people was dropped two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post

Yes, he is 7 and it was a class of 7 and 8 year olds. I am in a state with fairly high vaccination rates, but none of the kids in that class and very few of the kids in the gym were 12 or older. I also noticed that a lot of the coaches pulled their masks down a lot during class. We were told the staff is vaccinated, so I am not going to make an issue about the coaches, but I was livid that the staff member told the kids that without asking their parents first.

My son was the only kid in his class and one of only a few in the gym who wore a mask. Ironically I saw more parents (who at least have had the option of being vaccinated) wearing masks than kids. The gym had a mandatory masks for kids policy for a long time, but dropped it sometime before this summer session began. We have gone there off and on in the past, but this is our first time in a couple of years so I am not sure exactly when that changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are going to go back to wearing them indoors despite vaccination. The rural parts of MO are rampant with the delta variant so it’s going to hit the metro holdouts soon enough. My unvaccinated 10 year old always wears his, but no one ever says anything. We don’t frequently leave our bubble though (our immediate area is great about vaccination).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I'm in LA, and the Country Health Dept is now recommending that all people wear masks when inside no matter if they are vaccinated or not. I have a feeling they will make it a requirement soon. Everyone I've seen has been wearing a mask when they are out even though our mandate for vaccinated people was dropped two weeks ago.
    Yep, we never stopped wearing them indoors and will continue to do so even though the positivity rate in LA is currently under 1%. We are about to vacation in Moab, Durango, and Grand Junction where the Delta variant is now running rampant and the Covid positivity rate is 6-10% and vaccination rates are only 40-54% for one dose. We won't be eating anywhere indoors and will keep our masks on inside. Luckily it's a trip of exclusively outdoor activities and we're all fully vaccinated. I'm currently wearing my N95 at the airport.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2