Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Most Wanted Toys for 2010

Per "Time to Play" magazine....

http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Mos...terstitialskip

No must haves for me.

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Me either. And IMO the dolls look creepy! Thank goodness this will be a year that DD is not clued in to the "most wanted list" -- wonder how long *that* will last?!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ok, I will say that the Sing-a-ma-jigs are adorable....and they are $12 at Walmart....I think they will probably wind up on our list. But nothing else sparks my interest. Although the Leapster Explorer is looking much better than my kids' boring old Leapsters.
    What I don't get is those squinkies....they seem to be OOS everywhere but they look ridiculously small and cheap....I don't get it.

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like the Leap Frog Explorer. My DS does not have a handheld video games. I don't think we will buy it, but it might be a nice present for his grandparents to buy. He played with it in the store and he likes it. The screen brightness and clarity seems much better than the Leapsters. They have them side by side to try out in our local Target.

I think dolls and Sing-a-ma-jigs look a little creepy. The Squinkies are rather odd too, but my son's cousin gave him some of this little toys just like them. The ones my DS has are little animals without the big eyes. His cousin got them from a vending machine and I know the local toy store sells them. The store called them Japanese eraser heads? Of course my DS likes them. I find them annoying cheap looking and too small.

Quote Originally Posted by wimama View Post
    I think dolls and Sing-a-ma-jigs look a little creepy. The Squinkies are rather odd too.

I played with those Sing-a-ma-jigs at TRU and I thought they were boring and weird. Very ugly IMO. I did like that little remote control car, I don't think I'll get one for DS (he's getting the entire Lego section at TRU ) but I think they would be a cool gift.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

They're nuts. Scrabble Flash but no Kinect.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I saw the Squinkies in the store and all I could think was
    Squinkie= choking hazard...at least in our house!

Plus they are soooo small. DD would loose them in 5 minutes of opening!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

My boys got the Remote control racing bikes (Air hogs) , we specifically got two that work on different frequencies and they still will not work in our house. Called customer service and they had no advice for me but to try another room. We have an open floor plan on the first floor so that wasn't going to work (the thought being that there was some interference in the room I was in). The other rooms upstairs are carpeted and the say not to run them on carpet. Needless to say they are going back.

Just my 2 cents

Colleen

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsZaz View Post
    My boys got the Remote control racing bikes (Air hogs) , we specifically got two that work on different frequencies and they still will not work in our house. Called customer service and they had no advice for me but to try another room. We have an open floor plan on the first floor so that wasn't going to work (the thought being that there was some interference in the room I was in). The other rooms upstairs are carpeted and the say not to run them on carpet. Needless to say they are going back.

Just my 2 cents

Colleen
    Well, this seals it then. I know my boys would love those racing bikes but I'm hesitant to get them because 1) they always break remote controled anything within 2 days of getting it. Usually an antenna gets broken off. And now from reading this the things don't work well in the house. Good to know.

I do like the Disney Princess dolls. They don't have the usual "immodest and sexual" look of Barbie's, Bratz or the Monster dolls, for example.

The Sing-a-ma-jigs look like a guy's sex toy. I guess it's the weird mouths. Maybe I should get one for DH. He's always so hard to shop for.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bil gave dd a singamajig for her bday and she is afraid of it. It's worse than a clown

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast