Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have used them. I had a couple smaller packs that were used intermittently. We had no problems. I prefer the old ones in texture. I don't like that pampers is refusing to acknowledge the problem. I am not buying them on that principal and just in case. I still use Luvs (yes I know it is also a P & G product) those are cheap and get sent to daycare. We generally use Huggies at home.

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD2 did not get rashes from the DryMax diapers, but I switched for the following 3 reasons (not in order of importance):

1. The DryMax diapers leaked like crazy (multiple leaks per day requiring outfit and/or sheet changes). I have used Pampers for 3 DC and never had this problem.

2. Children were becoming sensitive to the DryMax diapers after being fine for weeks. As noted in Z recommends:

First, we have some frank advice. If you are looking for a diaper brand for a new baby, we'd advise you to try an alternative to Pampers Swaddlers or Cruisers for the time being. Additionally, if you are currently using Pampers Swaddlers or Cruisers (even if they are not promoted as "Dry Max" diapers, they probably are), we encourage you to consider an alternative, even if you have already used the new version of these diapers and your child has not had a reaction.

We say this because we have read impossible-to-verify but worrying reports of infants and toddlers wearing these reformulated diapers for weeks and only then breaking out into serious, painful diaper rashes. If these accounts are accurate, it means that children may develop rashes only after prolonged use of the new diapers, or after certain unusual conditions are met, and that it can happen even after you have tried the new diapers and think your child is fine in them. It is difficult to calculate the incidence of these rashes (if you believed Pampers' story, they are very rare) but based on the severity of the reported rashes (blisters, blood, persistence for a week or more after discontinuing use) we'd advise anyone with options to consider them. We've read from many parents that Target brand diapers are a pretty close match to the Pampers fit and function.

http://www.zrecommends.com/detail/a-...ry-max-diapers

3. I detest the way P&G handled the situation. They continue to deny that there was/is a problem notwithstanding countless reports by parents and doctors. It angers me that instead of acknowledging a problem and working to make it right, the company chose to instead blame the parents. As if moms don't already have enough guilt! My pediatrician, who I trust, confirmed that she has seen many painful, blister rash cases after using DryMax and that it is not a typical diaper rash.

I personally would try and return the diapers and exchange for another brand. Of course, many others are fine with them, so you will need to make your own judgment call.

We used several boxes after the reports first surfaced. No rashes at all. We switched though because I wasn't attached to Pampers (even though the girls had worn them since the NICU). I knew I would feel horrible if the girls got a rash, they've only ever had a few mild rashes. I didn't want them to go through the sort of things I had read about.

We use Huggies Pure and Natural now and really like them, maybe even better than Swaddlers which were great.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DS had one - just ONE - of those diapers put on him by mistake at daycare. He got nearly quarter sized blisters that broke, bled and may scar!

Granted, I have extremely sensitive skin, and we are being very careful with DS, but this is scary!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DD2 used Swaddlers for about a week before we started cloth diapers. She got lirrle red dots at the top of the diaper area. She is currently using 7th Gen. with problems. Huggies Pure & Natural are nice too. Now DD1 uses Pampers Pull Ups with no problems (she had a rash from the original mesh lining in the Cruisers).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Our 22 mo old DS has never been prone to diaper rash. After a couple of weeks of using the Dry Max (at 18 months), he developed a horrible, blistering, bleeding rash. We were able to cure it with Triple Paste, before we figured out that it was being caused by the diapers.

Also, we found that he did better with the DryMax when we were using Pampers Sensitive wipes vs. any other wipes (don't know if it has to do with the moist-ness of the wipes, or the balance of chemicals between the two...)

Anyway, we switched to a generic brand and are happy to be saving the $$$.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post

1. The DryMax diapers leaked like crazy (multiple leaks per day requiring outfit and/or sheet changes). I have used Pampers for 3 DC and never had this problem.
    We use BabyDry now.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2