Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-zb View Post
    Clarisonic. It's made a huge difference in my girls skin. I can immediately tell when they aren't using it.
    It really works? I have been hesitant because of the price tag, but my skin is worse now than when I was a teen! I saw a dermatologist even and I use Cetaphil to wash and an Rx antibiotic (? I think it is) to kill bacteria on my skin. I still have trouble and just suffered through a breakout. It's not acne like teens get, but pimples that take forever to heal because I have anemia and vitamin deficiencies (working on correcting).
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have 3 clarisonics. That's how much I like it.

I have one I use and my skin keeps getting better and better. I was very resistant to getting one initially as I have rosacea. I wish I hadn't waited so long.

Both girls have one and it's amazing the difference in their skin. I wish they were more consistent in using it, but when they do use it, it makes a huge difference.

ETA: My husband uses mine -- he has his own brush head. He loves it too. We both say we wish they had these when we were kids!

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have 3 clarisonics. That's how much I like it.

I have one I use and my skin keeps getting better and better. I was very resistant to getting one initially as I have rosacea. I wish I hadn't waited so long.

Both girls have one and it's amazing the difference in their skin. I wish they were more consistent in using it, but when they do use it, it makes a huge difference.

ETA: My husband uses mine -- he has his own brush head. He loves it too. We both say we wish they had these when we were kids!
    Do you use the Clarisonic on its own? Or do you still have to use a cleanser and apply salicylic acid?
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you don't want to splurge for the Clarisonic, I had the Olay brush cleaner for years for myself and it was really good. I finally upgraded to a Clarisonic after my Olay one died, but it lasted about 5 years and I don't really see a big difference between the two. It is great for removing dead skin and I can really tell the difference when I don't use it.

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    If you don't want to splurge for the Clarisonic, I had the Olay brush cleaner for years for myself and it was really good. I finally upgraded to a Clarisonic after my Olay one died, but it lasted about 5 years and I don't really see a big difference between the two. It is great for removing dead skin and I can really tell the difference when I don't use it.
    I would have to disagree -- I bought the olay one first, but it aggravated my skin tremendously. It's one of the reasons I delayed trying a Clarisonic. You can pick different brushes for your skin type. But I have an existing skin condition so I can't speak for someone who has normal skin.

As far as products -- I use whatever cleanser I'm using at the time and I like the Paula's Choice BHA lotion and her Rosacea line.

I know some people don't like the Clarisonic, but I really wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. My experience has been positive.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would have to disagree -- I bought the olay one first, but it aggravated my skin tremendously. It's one of the reasons I delayed trying a Clarisonic. You can pick different brushes for your skin type. But I have an existing skin condition so I can't speak for someone who has normal skin.

As far as products -- I use whatever cleanser I'm using at the time and I like the Paula's Choice BHA lotion and her Rosacea line.

I know some people don't like the Clarisonic, but I really wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. My experience has been positive.
    Yes my skin is pretty normal and I don't see much difference except that the Clarisonic is heavier and more solidly built. I read a ton of reviews and many of them didn't see much difference. I'd say it's a good low cost alternative, especially for a teen.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Why don't you try Rodan + Fields Unblemish? If not, a Sulfa non prescription strength wash might help.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Honestly, diet has a huge HUGE impact on skin health. Dairy, sugar, and processed foods will all increase blemishes (especially dairy - http://www.skininc.com/skinscience/p...200252611.html) My skin is totally clear - no blemishes - as long as I avoid those foods. Unfortunately, teen diets are often high in all those things which can make it hard. But if she does just a 2 week trial to see how her skin responds she might see a significant change.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Also, it's important to take into account the increased risk of breast cancer and long-term use of antibiotics - even antibiotics for acne. I also used antibiotics for acne as a teen and while they worked, I wish that I had pursued other alternatives instead because turns out that diet clears up my skin and topical things can work just as well without the long term health risk.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/healt...-cancer_02-17/
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wish diet helped me. Even during my many Whole 30s (no soy, dairy, sugar, grains) there was never a difference in my skin. I'm assuming it's more hormone related for me.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast