Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma View Post
    DaisysMom you might recover faster than you think from your non-fasting vacation. We just got back from a long road trip for about ten days that was very kid centric so lots of places that only served pizza, chicken fingers, and burgers and fries. I was happy I only gained two pounds when I weighed in at home! I went back to my two fast days (but not as strictly as before--too much temptation after re-stocking at Costco) and by the end of the week had still lost those two pounds again. I think this diet does make it much easier to maintain. I was very worried the weight would come back after not fasting so I am very pleased.
    Yay!! I am hopeful. It has been hard enough to return from fun and sea and sand ;( but I will be fasting tomorrow. Am also going to do a 30 day ab challenge in July I think. I am about to turn 45 and while I really stepped up my cardio this year (biking and running) I need to work in the weights for toning. Just not enough time!

If it helps encourage you on your fast day tomorrow DaisysMom I have done zero exercise in a couple of months and IF is working really well so I'm sure you'll have great results doing IF and exercise. I'm hoping my doctor and physical therapist clear me to get back to exercising again this week. What's an ab challenge? Is that like the plank challenge?

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm starting my 3rd week of IF. Today is a fast day. I'm doing Mon and Thurs, which seemed the best way for me to do it. I look forward to fasting on Monday as I feel like my body is getting a break from the weekend. I see that I'm eating better and less on nonfast days, as I think my stomach has shrunk due to fasting, so I feel full faster. I've heard that the stomach stretches/shrinks based on how much food it's used to handling at one time.

I've been eating an egg or half protein shake at 2pm and then a substantial salad for dinner. I like having a little protein about 2:00pm. I drink more water and tea, especially if I'm starting to feel hungry. I am MUCH more alert on fasting days, so I fly through my work!! I love it! Also, I started C25K. I hope I can keep up with C25K--I'm in really bad shape from lack of exercise. It's my 2nd week, and due to scheduling, my first run of the week is Monday, so I'm also fasting on that day. Even if I don't make it through C25K at the same time, the extra exercising I'm getting in is awesome.

Weight loss has been interesting--jumping a bit up and down, but my clothes feel more loose. I gain a lot of water weight during my period, so I need to see where I am in a couple days weight wise.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Today is a fast day for me. I'm going to try to be better about drinking water and tea throughout the day. I'm hoping that will help with the dizziness/off-ness I've felt in the afternoon on fast days.

I am already looking forward to dinner! lol

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I let DD make brownies by herself this morning. The smell of brownies is EVERYWHERE. Today is a more difficult fast day than I had anticipated!

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ending a fast day today - thanks for your encouragement! I had no breakfast, miso soup for lunch, small packet of cashews at 5 and then sat through a swim meet and came home and had 2 pieces of sandwich bread with mayo and a slice of onion and a slice of tomatoe. I haven't calculated it but honestly felt fine in this fast day... But that may be bc if the foot from last week I am still storing in reserve!! I too think it is a way of life I can do forever, but I want to see lbs go down. I think at 45 I am seeing the lbs stick on and being oerimenapausal... I just have worse ovulations and periods. But we can do this. You all should join the 5:2 in American Facebook group - if you ask to join they let everyone in in a few days and there are some great success postings

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Well, you have convinced me to try holding out more, until dinner time. I just had coffee this morning and then had one boiled egg around 1pm, and then had dinner. I did fine, so maybe I will just keep that schedule, instead of doing breakfast. I slept poorly last night and thought I would be a goner today at work, but instead, I got LOT done at work and was pretty alert. I really like keeping Monday as my first fast day of the wk.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Well, you have convinced me to try holding out more, until dinner time. I just had coffee this morning and then had one boiled egg around 1pm, and then had dinner. I did fine, so maybe I will just keep that schedule, instead of doing breakfast. I slept poorly last night and thought I would be a goner today at work, but instead, I got LOT done at work and was pretty alert. I really like keeping Monday as my first fast day of the wk.
    I thought I was a breakfast person too, but it's easier for me to go without. I had a few pistachios at 5pm then had dinner at 6.30. I didn't drink enough water though.

I'm officially an idiot...how do I find the Facebook group? Couldn't find in by searching on FB or Google. Thanks!

I am very interested in starting IF. But I'm still nursing. DS2 is almost 14 months, and still nurses 4 times a day: in the morning, before both naps, and before bed. When he drops his morning naps in the next few months I'll drop that feeding. I'm willing to nurse for a while, but I'm wondering if I need to wait until he's weaned before I start this.
    spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast