Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default 18 month old must have toys?

Anything unique, extra-fun or something "outside the box" that comes to mind?

We have all the run of the mill toddler toys, playhouses, ball pit, tunnels, blocks, one wall in his playroom is chalkboard, basketball hoop trucks, etc. but a lot of his toys I'm slowly packing away (one by one so he doesn't pitch a fit!) because they just seem really babyish. For example, the Baby Einstein piano that he got when he was 6 months old, and wow did he love that thing.... and only recently he has started ignoring it.

Anything really special you can think of?

Now that I write it out, it sounds like we have a million toys. And we do, and books... but I'm thinking I should get him just a few new ones for the WOW factor and also just because......

DD has been playing with her megablox almost daily since she was that age.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    DD has been playing with her megablox almost daily since she was that age.
    Yep - we have those DS does love them. I know we might have everything we need, I was just trying to see if there was anything I'm missing. On Amazon when I search by age it seems like a bunch of "on the cusp" toys between baby and young toddler..... I'm just looking for something that DS will become obsessed with so he doesn't set the house on fire while I try and make a sandwich!

Oh wow, I JUST saw the sticky about the "favorite toys by age" thread! Fun!
    Last edited by BabyH; 09-06-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Melissa and Doug Chunky puzzles. You can sometimes find these at TJ Maxx Both of my kids really liked these at that age. http://www.melissaanddoug.com/chunky-wooden-puzzles?n=1
    ETA: DD started playing with cutting food at that age and still plays with it a lot. http://www.melissaanddoug.com/cutting-food?9797967
    Last edited by katydid1971; 09-06-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

My daughter has been loving the Plan Toys alligator. She also loves playing with Play Doh and drawing with her markers. My friend's son who is 4 months older, loves his toy kitchen. My 18 month old is not into that yet.

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Discovery Toys Castle Marbleworks and Magnatiles get lots of play around here right now. DS2 is getting into Geotrax now at 22 months. He also really likes to push his walker wagon or a shopping cart around the house. Big trucks are favs as well.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Playsilks?
    We just got this play phone from leapfrog and both DDs love it: http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/ju...egoryNav=false

lego duplos?
    wooden or foam blocks that he can stack up and knock down?

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Balls, balls and more balls. Anything with wheels or anything that makes a lot of racket that will give you a headache, lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Balls, balls and more balls. Anything with wheels or anything that makes a lot of racket that will give you a headache, lol.

LOL. as a mom of an active 19month old boy,i totally get this, LOL. DS was obsessed with balls for the longest time. Then he moved on to cars and now trains. I agree, anything with wheels. DS would upturn walker toys just to see how the wheels spun.

also what DS is really loving now is his Thomas trains, and anything with letters/numbers (wooden, puzzles, flashcards, etc).

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What about a Skuut or a trike?

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast