anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default 2 min brownies or how to be a goddess to your DH!

DH called me on his way home from work to ask me if we had any brownie mix at home. Huh?? We are both not chocolate fans but I bought a huge bag of the Ghirardelli mix to make for school bake sales. But we ran out - our school has a lot of bake sales.

DH tells me that for some reason he was craving brownies. Apparently he read a book or smelled them or something.

Anyway, I remembered that I had pinned this recipe a while back. So I thought I would give it a try since they are all ingredients I have in my pantry on any given day (uh oh, not sure if that is a good thing now!).

Just mixed everything together, stuck it in the microwave and had the perfect brownie ready as DH walked in 10 mins later.

OMG, his face.......it was so worth it! He thinks I am some kind of kitchen goddess wife now!

Here's the recipe:

2 Tbs. melted butter or allowed margarine
    2 Tbs. milk or water
    1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
    4 Tbs. sugar
    2 Tbs. cocoa powder
    2 Tbs. flour
    2 Tbs. semisweet chocolate chips
    pinch of salt

For vegan alternatives: use vegetable oil instead of butter and instead of regular chocolate chips, you can use Enjoy Life or Chocolate Dream brand chocolate chips. You can use Rice Dream ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream or top with strawberries or bananas.

In a small microwaveable bowl, mix together the melted butter, milk and vanilla extract. Add the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, chocolate chips and salt. Mix till combined. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes. Top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup.

Okay, so they are not dense and chewy like real brownies. These are softer - and I actually prefer them to real brownies. I used white WW flour and forgot the vanilla but otherwise stuck to the recipe.

I tried to make a LC version for myself. I used Stevia and also broke out the bag of coconut flour I had. Coconut flour must not behave the same way as flour so it turned out very dry and the texture was like gravel. It tasted good but I will reduce the amount of coconut flour next time. Or add more liquid.

HTH someone!
    Last edited by anamika; 03-03-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: para breaks
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I always have those ingredients on hand, too! I hope I remember this recipe the next time I want something chocolate-y. I usually make microwave fudge, but sometimes I want a different texture. Hmmm. I think I know what I'm making later on tonight! Of course, it will be after the boys go to bed so that I don't have to share!
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmom View Post
    I always have those ingredients on hand, too! I hope I remember this recipe the next time I want something chocolate-y. I usually make microwave fudge, but sometimes I want a different texture. Hmmm. I think I know what I'm making later on tonight! Of course, it will be after the boys go to bed so that I don't have to share!
    Wait...microwave fudge??? I think a recipe share is in order!

Yum-o. I repinned that for future use. I also found this:

http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitch...amel-mug-cake/
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Microwave Fudge for One

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    Wait...microwave fudge??? I think a recipe share is in order!
    You got it!

Microwave Fudge for One

1 cup confectioner's sugar
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoon milk
    pinch of salt
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Put all ingredients except the vanilla into a bowl and nuke until the butter melts. Add vanilla (or other extract - I like almond). Mix well. Put in the fridge or freezer until it sets up.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09