mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default ISO Gift help for coworkers/staff

So I need some ideas for gifts for my coworkers at a different office, something on killer sale, that I can get for $10-15ish I know tall order
    Background: I usually get my coworkers at the 'other' office (20 or so) nice gifts for the holidays. They have to be the same for everyone (don't ask!!) and are usually nicer (so I've done alexa speakers in the past that I got on a black friday sale for $10 each). This year our office put in money to do a covid compliant boxed lunch from our office to the other office for the holidays but I just found out that this did not happen so now looking for some good ideas of things on sale. Board games? Chargers? other?
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Was the box lunch canceled for any specific reason? Not sure where you are, but here in my area you could still provide a boxed lunch for $10-$15 per person, so you could still do that, or individually wrapped sweets, if you liked that idea originally.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When my old company was selecting gifts, I really wanted to choose the portable power bank but instead they decided on a zip pouch for cables. Bleh. So, I'm gonna vote for the portable power bank, LOL! This one on Amazon is on super sale right now AND it's a flashlight! Cheap enough that you can add a sweet or savory treat.

https://www.amazon.com/xWingMan-Port...ef_=ast_sto_dp

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    When my old company was selecting gifts, I really wanted to choose the portable power bank but instead they decided on a zip pouch for cables. Bleh. So, I'm gonna vote for the portable power bank, LOL! This one on Amazon is on super sale right now AND it's a flashlight! Cheap enough that you can add a sweet or savory treat.

Wow! A zip pouch for cables! That really says "we appreciate your contributions and value your work"...

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Wow! A zip pouch for cables! That really says "we appreciate your contributions and value your work"...

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Hahahaha to be fair, it was a NICE zip pouch and we got one other nice item with it but I would much rather have gotten the power bank...that's useful for everyone! Meanwhile, my zip pouch sits unused in the back of a drawer somewhere...

So maybe I am completely in the minority but I would be happy with a boxed lunch or gift card. DH's company always gives a gift card to a local grocery store at Thanksgiving. It's something I appreciate and can always use. Sometimes those gifts are okay but oftentimes, we don't need and/or want it and I hate chasing unwanted items around the house.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post

love love this Maybe i'll go with these
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    So maybe I am completely in the minority but I would be happy with a boxed lunch or gift card. DH's company always gives a gift card to a local grocery store at Thanksgiving. It's something I appreciate and can always use. Sometimes those gifts are okay but oftentimes, we don't need and/or want it and I hate chasing unwanted items around the house.
    Ha! I love gift cards but not allowed at our office. Lunch would require everyone to contribute so that's out unbfortunately

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You can never have too many portable chargers ! That is a great idea! I know that DC and I have a few; they are constantly getting pulled out when devices run low on battery, but they still need to be portable

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Some gifts I've done for my employees before that were well received (I work in HR):
    Power banks
    Starbucks gift cards
    Bath and Body works candles (buy on sale!)
    Nice mugs with small bags of coffee/tea
    Potted succulents in nice ceramic pots
    Beach blankets (we are in SoCal)

I've also brought in a travelling masseuse and paid for everyone to get 10-15 minutes neck and shoulder massages. Obviously, that may not be possible right now, but everyone loved it and talked about it all the time.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05