Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bath issues....

SAHMIL is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Bath issues....

DH had a fit when he found out that I rinse my son's hair with the bathwater in the bathtub and going as far to say that I"m lazy b/c I don't rinse him off either with clean water after giving a bubble bath. "You mean, you rinse his hair with the dirty bathwater?"

Please advise.

Does DH have legit. concern? Or am I lazy? Or does he need to be less involved?

We usually rinse with the bathwater, unless it gets excessively soapy, in which case I may do a couple cupfuls of fresh.

That's how everyone I know does it.

I would say if your DH wants it done a certain way, maybe he should do it.
    -Kate

Mom to Sally & Leo - 2/20/07

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hmmm...never really thought about it. I realize now, however, that I do wash DS2's hair before his body, meaning that the water in the tub isn't all that dirty yet when I rinse.

I think he does need to be less involved...or let him do the baths instead!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SAHMIL View Post
    Or does he need to be less involved?
    I'd say the opposite. He should be more involved! Maybe that's easier said than done though, as that's how it works in my house.
    I actually use a handheld showerhead to rinse my kids off. However the point is that you are doing the bath and so what you say goes! Your DH should zip the lip or take over bath duty.
    DD
    DS

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

In all the years that I have been taking and giving baths it has never occurred to me to rinse my hair with clean water. Never.

I agree with the pp, if your husband is particular abut HOW it is done that is usually a sign it is something he should do. Calling someone lazy over this seems excessive.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would rinse a girl off after a bubble bath since the soap can be drying on her girly bits but a boy I'd be happy I got soap on him and back off and call it a day. How dirty does your DH think your son is? The bathwater is not contaminated from one person sitting in it. If he wants your son bathed a certain way make him do it.

Hmm... I wouldn't go so far as to say it means you are lazy. I know for us it was a matter of logistics... when he was in the baby bath, how to get clean water in without having to pull DS out and start bath over.

now that he is in the big tub its even harder to get him rinsed with clean water (we don't have the shower head thingy in that bathroom).

I do think it is kinda gross to not rinse off with clean water. So, we empty the big tub while he is in it playing with bathtoys and let the water run for a minute. While its running we use the cup to scoop up water and pour it over him. he loves it and thinks its a game. plus then we don't have to worry about not getting all the soap off.
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I learned a while ago to put on blinders when it came to DH giving our DDs a bath, because he does it totally different than I do.

Honestly I'm a little picky about rinsing off, so rinsing a kid's hair with their bath water would bother me too! (That's why I use a hand sprayer or a clean pitcher of water if there's no sprayer.) BUT if my DH rinses their hair with bath water, then so be it. Either way they're bound to come out cleaner than they went in and they're going to get bathed again in a day or two anyway.
    Jen

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Lazy? WTF? That's an awfully disrepectful thing to say to your wife. A crack like that out of my husband would mean he just instantly got himself a new job. If he's that particular let him do it.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    Lazy? WTF? That's an awfully disrepectful thing to say to your wife. A crack like that out of my husband would mean he just instantly got himself a new job. If he's that particular let him do it.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast