Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I had 2nd shot on CD6. That cycle was normal 27 days. The following two were extra long cycles/skipped a period. 40+ days The past cycle was normal (28) and I anticipate this one will be normal as signs of ovulating now. However, at my age it very well could be my age, not to mention the stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    No change in my cycle. Although I'm every bit of peri and cycle is generally different anyway. I was pretty sick after shot 2 and I have zero intention of EVER getting a booster.
    We are a long way off from this as boosters aren’t yet recommend for all vaccines, but getting a booster might not be optional for employer mandate purposes if the definition of “fully vaccinated” is modified to include the boosters. This was from the 9/10/21 WH covid response briefing, but the question has also been asked at past WH briefings (can't remember if covid or general press briefing) as well when the mandate was just federal workers and answered similarly:

MODERATOR: Monica Alba, NBC News.

Q Thank you so much, guys. The question is: Once boosters do become available in 10 days or so, for those who got Pfizer, as expected, what will be the standard for fully vaccinated? Will it be two doses or three doses for those federal workers and contractors, in particular, for whom the 75-day clock starts ticking as of yesterday?

MR. ZIENTS: Dr. Walensky?

DR. WALENSKY: Yeah. Thank you, Monica, for that question. We have posed and will pose that question to our Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Currently, fully vaccinated is two doses of Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of J&J. I anticipate, over time, that may be updated, but we will leave that to our advisors to give us some recommendations.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No impact but that’s because I was on BCP then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Bumping this up. I had no change during my primary series. The booster has been another story. I got it on Nov. 8. I got my period around the first of December, and it was super, super light. (Mine isn’t that heavy to start with.) But that’s been it. I’m on day 43 now. I turn 47 this month so maybe I’m premenopausal? But the timing seems weird. I was trucking along regularly until the booster.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Carolinacool did you see this news story the other day? I thought it was interesting.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...h-funded-study
    K

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My best friend says her and her 15 year old DD's period have gotten super heavy since the vaccine and when she got the booster last Thursday her period started the next day, a week early.

But I've also read accounts from women who actually had Covid and say it messed up their periods. I was reading about long covid today and one of the symptoms listed was changes in menstrual cycles.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Bumping this up. I had no change during my primary series. The booster has been another story. I got it on Nov. 8. I got my period around the first of December, and it was super, super light. (Mine isn’t that heavy to start with.) But that’s been it. I’m on day 43 now. I turn 47 this month so maybe I’m premenopausal? But the timing seems weird. I was trucking along regularly until the booster.
    I got my booster in November right after the kids vaccine was approved because I got it the same day DS got his first. I don’t remember my November cycle. It came at the expected time, but not sure if it was normal or not. My December cycle was about 5 days late. I am assuming it was some combination of stress and possibly my booster. But I was at the point where I was starting to consider going and getting a pregnancy test even though DH had a vasectomy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

A friend and I were just talking about this yesterday. I had no changes after the first 2 Pfizer shots but after the booster, I started my period within a few days (10ish days early) and it was slightly heavier. Not enough to cause major worry but enough to notice. My fried got her Moderna booster, started to bleed within a few days and it was so heavy that she had to go on BCP temporarily to stop the bleeding. She is 50 and hadn't had a regular period in 3 months. Her GYN said she had seen some very strange menstrual changes post vaccinations, the worst in perimenopausal women.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

So interesting! Thanks, everyone!

I looked at the study KpbS linked, and in that case the delay was by a day. At the risk of sharing entirely TMI, there were a few days last weeks where the toilet paper was slightly darker and looked similar to what I see at the beginning or end of my period. So maybe that counts? I know for sure that I'm not pregnant. Oy.

I'm not sure if its worth seeing my GYN. I guess I'll wait another month. I obviously support the vaccines, but this would definitely be a little unnerving if I was trying to have another child.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven’t had a period since July, boosted in November. I also have hot flashes, so I assume it’s menopause. I had a cycle November 2020, March 2021, July 2021, and nothing since. I am 48 1/2.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just got my booster. We'll see what happens next! It had been consistent since it leveled off post initial vaccines.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast