Default Where's the baked oatmeal recipe?

I'm craving this and want to make a batch tomorrow to have next week. But now I can't find the recipe! (Have I mentioned that the new search engine hates me?)

Can anybody link me to it, or would Beth mind posting again?

TIA!
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Default Baked Oatmeal

Oatmeal cake recipe

It is a casserole type dish. It ends up sort of cake-like (not the same texture or sweetness as cake). You can slice it up, remove a slice, and reheat.

I'll post the recipe we use just in case anyone wants it. It is really flexible and accommodating. It makes it easy to sub different things and adjust (like, it would work with just 1 c of yogurt if you only had that much left if you upped the amount of water a bit, you can use all different sweeteners, although I've heard using anything significantly less than 1c of sweetener doesn't work well in this recipe)

The night before you make it, or several hours before you want to cook it, take 4-5 c of regular rolled oats, and combine with 1-2 c. of yogurt or kefir and about 2. c warmish water. Stir til moistened. You can leave it out on the counter (can cover with a dish towel). (this helps make the oats more digestable and nutritious by removing the phytates).

When it is time to cook, preheat oven to 350 and then
    you take:

1 c. of sweetener of choice (sucanat, honey, maple syrup, rapadura, turbinado sugar, etc. will all work. You can play with using some of each...like a little maple syrup for the flavor combined w/ one of the others). Can use a little less if desired.

3/4 c. of oil of choice (can use some applesauce, even a little canned pumpkin for a partial substitution, which is a good use of that little bit of leftover pumpkin you sometimes have after making a pie or pumpkin muffins...haven't tried fully replacing the oil. I'm sure you could toss in random baby food puree like prunes, etc. too)

4 eggs

1 TB of cinnamon

1 TB of baking powder

2 tsp of vanilla (optional)

Mix this up. Add to oat mixture and stir. Stir in 1-2 c of milk (start w/ lesser amount and add more to get desired texture). You can play around with how you like this. It will be more custardy if you use more milk and cook a little less time, and more cakey if you cook it a little longer with less liquid). Add in 1-2 c of fruit of choice (dried, frozen, fresh, whatever. I've done bananas and added some nuts to the mix, I've done blueberries, I've done raisins with dried apples from some gross organic apple chips from costco that I bought LOL, I've done combos of blueberry and banana. My mom has done cranberry. You can do cherry, strawberry, etc. It is really really flexible and forgiving.

pour into greased 9x13 pan, and bake for around an hour (until set). Again, you can sort of play with the temp and cooking time to alter the consistency/texture.

Serve with milk, cream, maple syrup, butter, plain...whatever you like. Eat it hot, eat it cold. It reheats wonderfully. Great for nursing mamas for a supply boost too LOL. I love making this so DH and DS's breakfast are taken care of several days a week without making 1 or 2 messes each morning.

We really like this and like that you can change what you add to it. It also is kind of flexible in terms of amounts of ingredients if you are running low on something, etc.

Sooo good!
    Erin

Thank you SO much!
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen