Default Avent bottles turn into sippy cups!

No need to buy separate Avent sippy cups, all you have to do is buy the sippy part...it's interchangeable! So you just have to pop out the nipple of the bottle and insert the sippy thing...automatic sippy cup! They sell them for 3.99 for 2...cheaper than the $8.00 for 2 brand new Avent cups. And why buy completely new cups when you can already use the bottle part as the cup...you already have them...why buy something you don't need?

Jamie
    Mommy to Kayla
    5-1-03

jmofarrill Guest

Default RE: Avent bottles turn into sippy cups!

Thanks, Jamie - I was so thrilled when I found out that I could use all my Avent bottle with the sippy cup top! Yea!!! Dd just started to figure out how to use the sippy cup, too, so this is great timing!

DDowning is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is good to know! I've been *training* DS by using the handle bar thingies you attach to Avent bottles to make them like a sippy cup but still a bottle. He's getting so good at it. Adding the sippy part to this setup when he's ready will just be a natural transition - Thanks for posting this!
    Deidra

Mommy to
    DS (2003)
    DD (2005)
    Kelly's Kids Consultant

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This is definitely worth a try, but don't spend too much on sippy spouts until you know that your baby will take them. Colin will not - and he loves his Avent bottles with the handles. One problem is that the spout is so far from the edge of the bottle, that it is hard for babies to tip the cup far enough back to get the liquid out. Another problem is that if you don't use the valves (recommended at the beginning), they leak like crazy, from parts other than the sippy spout.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009