Melaine is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Ikea Kura Questions

I am thinking about getting two Ikea Kura beds and putting them in an L shape in the girls' room. I've measured, and although it would take up a lot of space, at least they would have the extra space beneath. Any comments on the Kura bed? Am I correct that the panels are white on one side and blue on the other so we could put on the white out? Or maybe paint them.

What I would love to know, is the height from the floor to the bottom of the bed. Does anyone know where I can find that, or if anyone has it do you think you could measure it for me? I am trying to figure out what we might fit underneath (like the play kitchen, or possible a dresser, etc).

What does your DC have beneath the bed? Do they play under there? We are still missing the playstand and thinking this would make a nice little playspace.

ETA: Which mattress do you have for this? I can't figure out which one is recommended.
    homeschooling mama to crazy curly twin girls
    and my sweet baby boy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I've been thinking about the Kura, too. Here's a cool idea: http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/bed...ed-hack-054565

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    I've been thinking about the Kura, too. Here's a cool idea: http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/bed...ed-hack-054565
    I saw that too! I love it. I've never used chalkboard paint. Can you just paint it on with no prep?
    and my sweet baby boy

I've never used chalkboard paint, so I'm not sure...

My experience with Ikea is that those bold colors are high gloss laminate. With that kind of surface I would put some sort of high stick primer before I would put on any type of paint.
    FWIW Martha Stewart has a way to make any color chalkboard paint, then you aren't stuck with black or green. http://www.marthastewart.com/article...alkboard-paint
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

That is so cool! I had no idea making chalkboard paint would be that simple.
    and my sweet baby boy