MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Help!? Hemorrhoid question (TMI)

Mods, please don't move, I'm posting here for traffic. I have had a stomach bug for a week that resulted in a lot of diarrhea and a very painful hemorrhoid inflamed. We of course are at Disney now and the pain from it the last few days has been horrible. Nothing would help it. I just went to the bathroom and had a semi normal bm (sorry!) and felt almost a popping feeling. I looked down and there was some bright red in the toilet ( just a few spots, the entire water wasn't red or anything) and what looked like maybe a small clot. The pain was gone and the hard pea that I felt wiping earlier was gone, but there was bright red blood when I wiped. It's doesn't seem to be bleeding badly or anything. Can I assume the Hemhorrhoid has popped? Does that happen? Or do I need to go find and urgent care or something instead of going to the park? Just to sure what to do since we're on vacation.
    Last edited by MSWR0319; 01-27-2015 at 08:22 AM.

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think you are okay. Google "external thrombosed hemorrhoids" for more info. If you have time you may want to do some sitz baths and try to alter your diet to make sure you don't get constipated.
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is it still bleeding when you wipe? I'd be inclined to leave it (not bother with urgent care). I don't know if they pop; I wish mine would so that they'd finally go away...

Quote Originally Posted by willow33 View Post
    I think you are okay. Google "external thrombosed hemorrhoids" for more info. If you have time you may want to do some sitz baths and try to alter your diet to make sure you don't get constipated.
    Yes to that! I'd also try to take a squirt bottle with warm water to wash in that area after you have your BM.

If your stools are still hard, I would try to take a stool softener or eat something with high fiber daily. I like either the Metamucil cracker packs or mixing a few tsp of bran fiber into applesauce. I would stick to the high fiber daily for a few weeks until things heal.
    DS1: 3/09
    DS2: 2/11
    DS3: 3/13

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you can pick up some antibiotic ointment that has an analgesic to help with any pain and if they did "pop" it may help healing/chafing.

Sorry you are going through this, and on your trip no less! I don't think you need urgent care. Like PP said, pick up ointment. Nupercainal is good for hemorrhoids but can be hard to find (it's at our local Walgreens but not Target or CVS). Prep H sucks. If you can find Nupercainal, try Vaseline to help with chafing. Rest as much as you can and take a bath!
    Mommy to DS 2007

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

TMI...I've had hemaroid issues since I was young. Yes, that is exactly what happens when one ruptures. It's nothing to worry about, and should bring you relief. The blood should go away. You might see a little more the next time you have a BM. I just thoroughly clean when this happens to me. Tucks are good.