hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Need 2 boosters for DSs

DS1 65 lbs almost 8 and tall (not sure how tall but in size 8 Land's End pants)

DS2 55 lbs and almost 6 and tall (not sure how tall but in size 6 Land's End pants)

Need a booster for each for a new Honda Accord. Occasional use. They are in HBB in the Toyota Scenna (Britax) and LBB in the Subaru Outback (modified SafeSeat and graco).

Thoughts?
    TIA
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Oooh, new car, new seat funness
    I think these are highly likable lately... http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pa....qAdV3VOU.dpbs (What might be good about them for your kids, is that they are low, like the Go, and curvy, to fit in a new car's curvy seats...I ASSume it's curvy, lol, and LATCH optional so they won't fly around at all)
    Harmony Cruz for the same reasons, low and curvy, but can't LATCH.
    Big Kid Amp... might be great, might suck eggs... it makes my DD too tall for her shoulderbelt... that's something to really look at, taller kids get so tall that shoulderbelts start falling sideways off their arms, so 'shorter' seats can be better for taller kids. Cosco Top Side is nice, but the shoulderbelt goes up over the armrest on the buckle side and can make the shoulderbelt go across kids' necks, depending on how high the shoulderbelt is anchored.
    Harmony Transit looks neato and it intrigues me, but I haven't had spare cash to buy it to try it lately. Leah thinks the memory foam is super cool though (I think all these seats are at Target and sparsely packaged, if you need to try them in the parking lot and return immediately).

Never an easy answer from me, is it? I'd sure like a booster that you could dial deeper/taller/wider depending on the kid, but who'd pay three hundred bucks for that technology? lol.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    I think these are highly likable lately... http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pa....qAdV3VOU.dpbs (What might be good about them for your kids, is that they are low, like the Go, and curvy, to fit in a new car's curvy seats...I ASSume it's curvy, lol, and LATCH optional so they won't fly around at all)
    Big Kid Amp... might be great, might suck eggs... it makes my DD too tall for her shoulderbelt... that's something to really look at, taller kids get so tall that shoulderbelts start falling sideways off their arms, so 'shorter' seats can be better for taller kids. Cosco Top Side is nice, but the shoulderbelt goes up over the armrest on the buckle side and can make the shoulderbelt go across kids' necks, depending on how high the shoulderbelt is anchored.
    Harmony Transit looks neato and it intrigues me, but I haven't had spare cash to buy it to try it lately. Leah thinks the memory foam is super cool though (I think all these seats are at Target and sparsely packaged, if you need to try them in the parking lot and return immediately).

Never an easy answer from me, is it? I'd sure like a booster that you could dial deeper/taller/wider depending on the kid, but who'd pay three hundred bucks for that technology? lol.
    yeah i was all ready to amazon order but now maybe I need to
    1) get the car first
    2) try what I have so far and see what works
    3) go to a B&M store and try what they have

SIGH but you rock and thanks! I am excited for new boosters!!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Well, play around with your current stuff first and see if you can see what I mean about the shoulderbelt fit.
    Julie

Oh there's a new blog on the Connext... http://carseatblog.com/21470/graco-c...two-thumbs-up/

That picture of the kid in the orange jacket is what I'm talking about with booster fit that's bad, too far off the shoulder. I don't *think* it'll be a problem in an Accord, it mostly seems to be an issue in SUV's and Vans, from what I've observed. Sometimes a LATCHed booster makes it worse because an UnLATCHED booster can be slid side to side to get the best fit. You didn't even ask about LATCHed boosters at all, so I don't know why I'm stuck on it, but this seat just intrigues me, lol.
    Julie

Oh there's a new blog on the Connext... http://carseatblog.com/21470/graco-c...two-thumbs-up/

That picture of the kid in the orange jacket is what I'm talking about with booster fit that's bad, too far off the shoulder. I don't *think* it'll be a problem in an Accord, it mostly seems to be an issue in SUV's and Vans, from what I've observed. Sometimes a LATCHed booster makes it worse because an UnLATCHED booster can be slid side to side to get the best fit. You didn't even ask about LATCHed boosters at all, so I don't know why I'm stuck on it, but this seat just intrigues me, lol.
    thanks just ordered 2! i figure if they dont fit in the accord they will work in another vehicle. I like the latch but in the subrau the GO when latched is more or less impossible to buckle in for DS.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Thanks Jools -- just an update we got the http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...&KPID=15490987

Turns out they are PERFECT for the Subaru Outback (they also work well in the Accord) but the outback was really hard to fit a booster into well. Thanks!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

[thank you! I've added this thread to the Sticky 'Choosing a High Back Booster & other boosters']
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)